North Carolina Contractor Continuing Education
North Carolina requires 8 hours of continuing education every year to renew your contractor license. This includes the 2-hour Mandatory Course produced by the NCLBGC.
PDH Academy offers an 8-hour Renewal Class that includes the 2-hour 2021 Mandatory Course along with 6 hours of Elective Courses.
All continuing education must be completed by November 30, 2021.
The classes listed below are all approved by the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors. Our approved provider number is 0077.
Effective May 14, 2020, the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors (Board) authorizes Board-approved providers of continuing education to deliver courses by synchronous distance-learning (SDL) instruction. SDL is approved through June 30, 2021.
COMPLETE ALL 8 HOURS FOR ONLY $149!
Each session includes the 2 hour 2021 Mandatory Course and 6 hours of Elective Courses.
See below for the NCLBGC’s Webinar Requirements.
|Course||Course Dates & Times||Course Delivery||Price|
|8-Hour Renewal Class|
|Thursday, January 7|
|8-Hour Renewal Class|
|Friday, January 15|
8 Hour Renewal Class
PDH Academy’s 8 Hour Renewal Class will be taught by one of our excellent, approved instructors. Meet our approved instructors.
This year’s 8-Hour Renewal Course will include:
PDH Academy will be abiding by the NCLBGC’s requirements for synchronous distance learning via webinar. These requirements include:
- Synchronous learning may be implemented on any synchronous distance platform that has a video component so the students can see the materials being discussed/presented, as well as see the instructor in real-time engagement.
- Students must be able to reliably access the webinar. At a minimum, this includes:
- A computer or other device with camera and microphone capabilities (student connection via cell phone is not allowed)
- Broadband internet access with a strong internet connection capable of maintaining connectivity
- Software requirements (i.e. operating system, browser, etc.)
- All attendance requirements are still in effect and required for successful course completion.
- Students will be required to check-in to the webinar 30 minutes before the class is scheduled to begin.
- Students will be required to attend the entire class in order to receive credit for course completion
How do these courses work?
To complete one of our webinar courses, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Purchase the webinar course that you would like to attend.
- Check your email for your receipt and confirmation of your enrollment in the webinar course. This email will confirm the course date, time, and provide instructions on how to access the webinar.
- Attend the webinar course and receive your certificate of completion.
When do I need to take my continuing education?
Continuing education classes will be offered until November 30, 2021. Providers are not allowed to offer CE classes during the month of December.
I missed the 11.30.2020 deadline for taking continuing education for my 2021 renewal, what do I do?
You will still need to take the 2-hour 2020 Mandatory Course (for 2021 renewal). You can register here, starting January 1, 2021, to get your 2020 2-hour Mandatory Course through NCLBGC’s only approved online provider. Use coupon code NCG0077 to save $10 at checkout.
You can get your 6 elective hours by attending our webinar. Our elective courses are a great way to fulfill your continuing education requirements and renew your license for all renewal periods.
Who are the instructors for PDH Academy’s continuing education courses?
You can get to know our experienced instructors by visiting the Meet Our Instructors page.
What can I expect to learn during an 8-Hour Renewal Class?
Our 8-Hour Renewal Class is made up of three courses: the 2-hour NCLBGC 2021 Mandatory Course, the 4-hour Current Construction Methods and Materials Course, and the 2-hour Job Site Housekeeping Course. You can read more about PDH Academy’s courses by clicking on the Course Details below:
Do you report my continuing education hours to the NCLBGC?
Yes. Our customer service team at PDH Academy will report your completed continuing education hours to the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors.
You will receive a certificate of completion after class that you should maintain for your records.
How do I renew my contractor’s license?
All contractor licenses expire on December 31 of each year. Licenses can be renewed by filing an application for renewal with the Board. You must complete 8 hours of continuing education before November 30th in order to renew your license.